2016 VECCS Spring Symposium
SPRING SYMPOSIUM IN CABO SAN LUCAS ATTENDED BY 280!
The 2016 VECCS Spring Symposium held at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar on the Mexican Baja was attended by 220 registrants accompanied by 60 guests. Registration was capped at this number due to meeting room capacity. Attendees received up to 17 hours of RACE approved CE while enjoying the breathtaking setting and perfect weather of the Baja coast of the Sea of Cortez. Sunshine, beach, pool and various tour excursions filled the off-time from the outstanding scientific program. Nearby Cabo San Lucas offered shopping, restaurants and night life.
- Featured Speakers Drs Linda Barter and Lauren Sullivan presented a variety of timely EM/CC topics including fluid therapy/overload, massive transfusion, Parvovirus, anesthesia protocols, anesthesia misconceptions, use of care bundles, and more.
- Special Lunchtime Lectures were presented on monitoring tissue perfusion/oxygenation and gas exchange in anesthetized patient.
- Guest Speakers, Drs Marie Kerl, Steven Epstein, Elizabeth Giuliano and Benjamin O’Kelly, presented a series of VetTalks: 25 minutes presentations on CPR post-resuscitation syndrome, life-threatening arrhythmias, anesthesia misconceptions and enucleation. These short topics were extremely well received.
- Case Discussion Panel: Several cases were presented with lively interaction between attendees and the panel of speakers.
- Attendees came from around the world to include the UK, Australia, Mexico, Ireland and Canada as well as from the U.S.
- Festive Welcome Reception was held sea-side for all attendees featuring authentic Mexican food, tropical beverages and regional music.
- Proceedings Notes were available to registrants on-line and flash drive. Flash drives and a few hardcopy booklets can be purchased on the VECCS website at www.veccs.org. Click on "Shopping".
The 2017 VECCS Spring Symposium is headed to Maui, Hawaii. CLICK HERE for more details.